Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm Singin' in Korean!

Today I perform. In Korean.

Let me 'slpain. A couple of weeks ago we were asked to perform in a Korean speech contest. My, and everyone's, protests, which I centered largely on the argument that I don't know any Korean, fell on deaf ears. So in confirmation of the fact that I am a dancing English monkey at the command of my handlers, I will perform in Korean today in front of my boss, his boss, and probably his boss as well.

But memorizing a speech in Korean just seemed too boring. So instaed I found a Korean pop song that I actually don't hate, or rather didn't before hearing and practicing it hundreds of times, and will perform it this afternoon. I'll let you know how it goes. In the mean time, here's a video of the song. It's called Wero, which translates to consolation or comfort, and is by the artist Kim Sarang.



And in case you didn't get the singin' in Korean reference, watch this.


Korean video parody
~에 의해 업로드됨 MeowHouse

1 comment:

Chad said...

We almost put "I'm singin' in Korean" in our medley for the speech and song festival... :o) But we showed a few Koreans and they did not approve of mocking the almighty "Rain"...